Waste Management Training from A to Z
In the framework of the Swiss cooperation in Maghreb, Mashreq and West Africa, sba
organises regularly a 1 week practical training on waste management and recycling. The training includes theoretical and technical presentations, field work and meetings with professionals in waste managements. To know about the next training session, please contact sba
. Special deals can be agreed upon with corporate organisations or municipalities.
Thanks to this course, participants will acquire :
- Techniques to manage waste flows soundly
- Know-how in the technical management of a waste management centre or a recycling unit
- Knowledge to identify types of wastes and secondary raw materials precisely and their potential of recovery
- Know-how to manage the complexity of the relationships between the citizens, the enterprise, the waste management centre and the collector (public and private)
Profile of participants
The future participants need to have basic theoretical or practical knowledge of waste management. This course is limited to 30 technicians and managers, especially :
- Managers and technical operators of a waste management centre or recycling unit
- Waste collectors
- Responsible of waste management
- Responsible of waste management in ministries, administration of a region or a town
A technical and practical training
The training week lasts 5 days. Field work and visits are a major component. 3 days are dedicated to site visits of waste management centres, enterprises and collectors. The programme also includes a global theoretical introduction on solid waste, the regulation and the principles of recyclable waste management. The participants will be able to grasp and understand concretely the stakes in waste management and the principals of recycling; most importantly, by linking the Swiss situation with their own countries.
During the training, the participants develop a case study on the elaboration and the implementation of a waste management structure in their own country. This practical work will help them grasp the complex mechanisms at stake in waste management. The participants will elaborate a concrete project adapted to their countries and think of all the possible steps to take.
Diploma of advanced studies en stratégie environnementale et enjeux économiques